Posted: Feb 28 2013, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

X-MAN
Group Icon

Group: X-Man
Member No.: 235

[Immediately following the battle against Jotuns and Alpha Centaurians]

“Xavier! Xavier!”

Emma Frost stormed through the front door of the mansion, ignoring the stares of the young mutants that are drawn by her shouts. She must admit, she did make quite the spectacle. Her pure white suit was in ruins, shredded and singed in places, just barely covering the essentials (she’s sure she’ll feature in a few of these pre-pubescent boys’ dreams for weeks to come). Her steps were uneven, as she has lost the heel of one of her stilettoes and she tried to maintain as much dignity as possible, with her head held as high as possible as she searched for the mansion’s leader. Of course, the most dramatic part of her ensemble was undoubtedly her diamond skin.

The scene was still fresh in her mind, though it didn’t matter how much time passed; she never would forget, never could forget. She had been fighting in the only way she knew how, with the formidable powers of her telepathy. Her mind had been connected to that of their enemies. It had been quite strange. Their minds were so strange, so foreign. Nothing like anything she had ever seen on Earth before. Magnificent and alien. In less dire times, given the chance, she would love to pick their minds, quite literally. If given the chance, she would pull their psyches apart, searching through their minds for their secrets, to learn just what made them tick. It would leave them quite broken afterwards, their minds, irreparably damaged from her less than gentle probing. But imagine all the knowledge to be gained. It was invaluable. For there was nothing more important to Emma than information, a fact exacerbated and nurtured by her supernatural powers.

There was no way she could have seen the attack. Her mind had been distracted and she hadn’t been paying attention to her surroundings, lost as she was in the fascination of her new toys. All she remembers from the moment was the sound of the shot being fired and a flash of light, before she was being blasted through the air, mind being ripped from her adversary, slamming heavily against a wall and falling to the ground. For a moment, she thought she was dead. Her telepathy no longer stretched out to the minds surrounding her and her momentary panic had dulled to what she could only describe as a calm indifference. But the sounds of battle still raged around her and she could still feel her body as corporal. Her hands ran over the area where the attack had come; she felt the burnt, ragged fabric of her ruined suit, her chest still rising and failing. Yet what met her fingertips was not soft flesh but hard, smooth stone. Her eyes dashed down to her hands, taking in their crystalline appearance. Quite unnerving. Or at least it would be if she could summon any emotion. But her heart seemed to have died with this change in her skin.

The rest of the battle passed in a blur. All attempts to use her telepathy failed, forcing her to rely on the power of this new form. It had a strength she had never known before and a durability that stood up before the weapons of their enemies. She was able to hold her own, even against the impressive stature of the frost giants. Ultimately they failed to stop Loki from achieving his goal but Emma didn’t stick around to help with the cleanup. She had more important matters to deal with. For once, Emma Frost would have to admit that she was stumped. She needed Xavier’s help with this one. This didn’t seem like a natural progression of her powers. In fact, it inhibited her telepathy completely, which was why she was walking through the mansion seeking Xavier, instead of contacting him with her powers, coming to the door of his office in the hopes that she’d find him there. She didn’t bother to knock before she burst into the room, demanding the headmaster’s attention.

“Xavier. Can you please explain this to me?”

She crossed her arms and stared at him expectantly, one diamond eyebrow raised accusingly as if her new transformation had been entirely his fault.

This post has been edited by Emma Frost: Mar 2 2013, 08:49 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Charles Xavier
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

X-MAN
Group Icon

Member No.: 254

[ CF: Before Don't Think Twice & Time Jump ]

The sound of children panicking within his mind wasn't new to Xavier. Sometimes it occurred when one lost control of their powers and he had to calm them down. Another time had been when a rat had appeared from outside in the cold and several of the girls had all but screamed at the top of their lungs; it didn't help when one of them had sonic abilities. But this time it was different. Whatever was causing the commotion he couldn't exactly pinpoint. They didn't exist, for all intent and purpose, and Xavier was starting to see the flaw in this little problem. What was making his students leave the halls in such a hurry? Charles' first attempt was to blanket the mansion in his psionic power, reaching out to all corners looking for whatever was causing a ruckus and trying to disrupt his normally quiet learning environment. When nothing came up he tried to find a way to see what was going on. No one was around that area and Xavier was starting to worry. Had those aliens, televised as existing on Manhattan Island, come there to his building? He was setting up for revealing his school and this madness occurred. Already he had younger mutants who were learning to take on classes and the like, with his X-Men being the teachers of them, but somehow he thought it wasn't going to work out after all. When extraterrestrial life made itself known the television had given Xavier all the information he needed. True he could have hooked himself up to Cerebro and targeted the minds of the aliens, but knowing they were a foreign beast and unsure of what intelligence lay in there, well, it was more than enough to deter him from doing anything brash like that.

Though the doors to his office burst open not a moment later and his gaze was torn away from the television. The report was only detailing the clean up, and Xavier knew whoever was breaking in had to be more important. They deserved all he could give them at the moment. Emma Frost, another resident telepath and one of his best and brightest instructors at the moment, seemed to be a little...different. In fact, she looked quite stunning. A gemstone like quality had taken over her skin and, despite the fact her uniform was somewhat torn and burnt, he knew she was more worried about the outside. Though he couldn't get a read on her, no matter how hard he tried. Even with his focus totally dominated by her presence he couldn't seem to penetrate that thick shell. Or had she become the gem herself? "Absolutely fascinating, Emma." Xavier moved from around his desk to Miss Frost's side, immediately reaching out to touch her. He wanted to know what the quality was, how perhaps solid this form was and whether or not she could feel anything at all. Emma was a marvel at this moment, a breakthrough in whatever mutations held for them. Genetics had yet to prove there were secondary mutations and here she was, proof this theory was a certainty. The geneticist in Xavier was thrilled but the teacher in him was worried. "Have you been able to revert to your natural form?" Charles let that worry appear in his expression, his tone, and through the words themselves.

"How did this happen? Explain it to me." He had moved away from her, rushing for his desk to search through all the small books and files he had on secondary mutations. There were obscure scientists who had proven mutants existed but no one believed them. Most were expert in remaining hidden, and at least two of these authors were mutants themselves. He remembered how thrilling it had been to meet one of them and yet had never seen the man again. Either he was too well into hiding to come out, or he had been killed. Oh, what Xavier wouldn't have given to bring one of them here now. But he stopped once he'd found the little journal he kept notes in, moving back to Emma. Figuring this out was going to be a fascinating and eye-opening experiencing.
PMEmail Poster
^
Emma Frost
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

X-MAN
Group Icon

Member No.: 235

“Yes, Charles, I have been able to revert back to my natural form. I just thought it would be great fun if I stayed in this infuriating form that blocks my telepathy.”

Her voice positively dripped with a level of sarcasm that only Emma Frost could muster. He should know that were she able to control this new development in her abilities then she wouldn’t even be here. She had been fiercely independent all her life and were she able to exercise this portion of her personality in this situation, she never would have sought out Charles’ help. Emma herself knew quite a bit about mutant genetics. She funded a research team whose main focus was on mapping the mutant genome, a task that proved even more frustrating then that of mapping humans’. Any discovery they made went straight through her office. Even so, her knowledge still paled in comparison to the man before her. This new development in her abilities, as much as she hated to admit it, was completely beyond anything she had ever seen. Charles Xavier, on the other hand, was the foremost expert on mutant genetics. If he couldn’t help her, no one could. Thus, when he reached out to touch her, she resisted the (strong) urge to bat his hand away and allowed the contact.

As it were, she could only stare dispassionately as he reached to touch her. She couldn’t even muster the emotion to be irritated that he seemed to be beginning to see her as little more than the subject for his next research paper, the way he was searching through his bookshelves for some textbook or other. This form blocked all emotion for some reason, leaving Emma as a cold block of stone. More so than usual, at least. But it was quite an interesting experience. Though she worked harder than most to suppress any unwanted emotions, Emma was still human and was still plagued by the imperfections of the flesh. Now that she was no longer flesh, she found it quite fascinating to truly be beyond emotion. Even earlier, when she engaged in battle against enemies far from anything she had ever encountered before, she couldn’t even bring herself to be afraid. She just fought valiantly with her newfound strength and durability, completely unworried about the possibility of failure. It was a quite useful side effect. If it weren’t for the fact that her telepathy was inoperable in this form, Emma might actually find herself liking her forced makeover.

Emma was tempted to give another sarcastic remark, just to let him know that his excitement wasn’t appreciated. She would never admit it to anyone, but she was slightly scared (or, at least, indifferently worried, if that could be classified as an emotion). After all, this was quite sudden and unexpected. Plus, she was shut off from her telepathy, something that had been a staple ingredient in Emma’s life since she was a young girl. Not having it at her disposal made her feel vulnerable and oddly shut off from them world around her. It made her nervous that she couldn’t feel the intentions of the world around her. it was this desire to return her telepathy that caused her to give Xavier the information he wanted. She moved to sit in the chair at his desk designated for visitors and began to recount the events of the day.

“I’m sure you’ve been watching the news, quite comfortable here in your office, while I was fighting the alien insurgents. I was linked to one with my telepathy. They had quite impressive mental barriers, requiring quite some effort to break through. Whoever placed them is quite powerful. Very powerful. I was merely seeing his work second-hand, I'd shudder to see what he's capable of in person. He could possibly a problem in the future.”

This wasn’t necessary towards fixing the problem of her inability to shift back to normal but Charles needed to know that there was a powerful enemy roaming the world. Though they had defeated the Jotuns and Alpha Centaurians, the leader of the attack still roamed the world, according to the SHIELD agents. He had obtained what he had come for and may even now be planning his next step. The X-Men may need to go to war. But now was hardly the time to have that conversation. Charles would get a full briefing later on.

“One of them shot at me with their weapon and my body instinctually switched into this form, without me making a conscious decision. My body appears to be completely composed of some sort of crystal, perhaps diamond, and it is completely organic, obviously. Fully functional. I can no longer access my telepathy and my strength and durability have increased exponentially. I don’t know the limits of either.” She tried to be as detailed as possible, to give Xavier all the information he would need.

“Now, how do I fix it?”
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Biorhythm